Institute staff and collaborators disseminate their research and analysis and education on Institute core issues of race, poverty, and migration, their interconnections, and Catholic Social Teaching through a variety of publications and reports.
In addition, the Institute publishes occasional issue papers, the texts of addresses by the staff and colleagues, and JSRI conference documents as free-standing reports to supplement our regular publications. View archives »
Call for Submissions: Racial Justice and Criminal Legal System Reform
Beginning September, 2022, the JSRI JustSouth Monthly e-newsletter will focus on the criminal legal system and/or racial justice issues and will feature an article (e.g. essay, reflection, opinion piece, or poem) or video from a Loyola faculty or staff member. Will you please consider submitting an article or video for publication in JSRI e-newsletter for the 2022 Fall Semester?
The JustSouth Quarterly is the principle journal for in-depth research and writing of the Institute staff and collaborators. It reflects our research, analysis and education, as well as content from our periodic conferences and events.
- Building a Culture of Encounter-- Sue Weishar, Ph.D.
- Catholic Social Thought and Courageous Leadership-- Fred Kammer, S.J., J.D.
- Our Divided Society Part 2-- Chris Kellerman, S.J.
- The Global Vaccine Divide-- Dennis Kalob, Ph.D.
- Worker Ownership-- Dennis Kalob, Ph.D.
- Catholic Social Thought and Economic Security-- Fred Kammer, S.J., J.D.
- Our Divided Society Part 1-- Deacon Chris Kellerman
- Immigration Reform At Last?-- Sue Weishar, Ph.D.
- Keeping Promises-- Deacon Chris Kellerman
- Catholic Social Thought and Democracy-- Fred Kammer, S.J., J.D.
- The Moral Imperative to End Solitary Confinement-- Sue Weishar, Ph.D.
- Hunger in the U.S.-- Dennis Kalob, Ph.D.
- Let Justice Roll Like a River-- Deacon Chris Kellerman
- Catholic Social Thought and Hope-- Fred Kammer, S.J., J.D.
- This Election Has Consequences-- Dennis Kalob, Ph.D.
- Which Way Forward?-- Sue Weishar, Ph.D.
- Uncodumented Immigrants and COVID-19-- Sue Weishar, Ph.D.
- Catholic Social Thought and the Coronavirus-- Fred Kammer, S.J., J.D.
- Race and COVID-19-- Nik Mitchell, Ph.D.
- Workers and COVID-19-- Dennis Kalob, Ph.D.
- The ACA at 10: The Future of Health Care Policy-- Dennis Kalob, Ph.D.
- Catholic Social Thought and Prudential Judgement-- Fred Kammer, S.J., J.D.
- Becoming a "Field Hospital" For The Wounded: Church Response to 2019 Mississippi ICE Raids-- Sue Weishar, Ph.D.
- Cruel and Unusual: Capital Punishment in Louisiana and Beyond-- Nik Mitchell, Ph.D.